Regulations Governing Application of Investment Credit to Private Participation in Transportation Infrastructure Projects
Where the expenditures invested in personnel training by a private institution participating in transportation infrastructure projects in the same taxable year amount to NT$600,000, the said private institution may credit such investment expenditures at the rate of 15% against its profit-seeking enterprise income tax payable for that current year; in the case that the amount so deductible exceeds the profit-seeking enterprise income tax payable by it in that current year, the excess amount thereof may be used to offset the profit-seeking enterprise income tax payable by it in the ensuing four (4) years.
The expenditures invested in personnel training referred to in the preceding paragraph shall mean the following expenses disbursed by a private institution participating in transportation infrastructure project(s) for training its employees, conducting training programs in connection with its business activities or assigning its employees to receive such training:
1. Hourly pay and traveling expenses paid to the training instructors;
2. Traveling expenses of the trainees and the fees paid by them to the training entity;
3. Fees of training materials, practice materials, stationeries, medical care expenses, insurance premiums, observation fees of teaching programs, subscriptions to books and magazines, meal allowance during training periods, training place charges, and costs of training equipment of which the service life is less than two (2) years;
4. Fees for enrollment in skill certification; and
5. Other expenditures as individually approved by the Ministry of Transportation and Communications and the Ministry of Finance to be the expenditures for personnel training purposes.
The term "conducting" referred to in Paragraph 2 above shall include the conduct of training programs by the private institution on its own, jointly with other entity(ies) or by other entity(ies) under the commission of the said private institution participating in transportation project(s).