Regulations Governing Application of Investment Credit to Private Participation in Transportation Infrastructure Projects
A private institution which invests in research and development and personnel training projects pursuant to the provisions of these Regulations shall, when filing its profit-seeking enterprise income tax return for the current year, file an application in the form of the prescribed format accompanied by the relevant documents set forth below to the local tax collection authority for assessment and approval of its investment expenditures:
1. For the research and development expenditures:
(1) The organizational chart and the roster of research personnel of the private institution;
(2) List of instruments and equipment or instrumental and professional application software purchased in the current year solely for research and development purposes;
(3) Layout plan of the research and development unit and the ratio of the area used by such R&D unit to the total area of the building where the unit is located;
(4) Contract(s) or supporting documents evidencing the patent right(s), technical know-how, or copyright(s) purchased and the calculation statements for amortizing such investment expenditures;
(5) Research plans and the records or reports of the research activities conducted; and
(6) Other relevant evidentiary documents.
2. For the personnel training expenditures:
(1) The personnel training plans;
(2)The roster(s) of trainees and the report(s) on the status of the implementation of the training plan; and
(3)Other related certifying documents.
The format of the application form referred to in the preceding paragraph shall be formulated by the Ministry of Finance.